4'5"x7'10" Overdyed Navy Blue Cast Persian Qashqai Clean Semi Antique Low to the Pile Organic Wool Hand Knotted Oriental Rug 61087
- Condition :Vintage
- Age : 1960
- Exact Size : 4'5" x 7'10" / 135 CM x 239 CM
- Origin : IRAN (Islamic Republic of Iran)
- Quantity : Only 1 Left!
- Foundation : Wool
- Pile :Worn Wool
- General Field Color : Blue
- Exact Field Pantone Color Shade : Turkish Sea
- Border Color : No Border
- Other Colors : Charcoal Black, Denim Blue
- Collection : Overdyed & Vintage
- Free Shipping And Insurance to US & Canada
- Rug Number : 61087
- Weight : 22.48 lbs
WASHING AND FINISHING
The entire rug is put through the process called binding and trimming, and then it is washed and dried several times for vibrancy and sheen. The rug is laid flat on the ground, and then fresh water is poured over it. The rug washers then use a wood plank, sharpened on one edge, to force the water through the rug pile. This removes impurities picked up during the creation process.
No backing is needed for a hand-knotted rug. The final steps include quality inspection of size, pile height and shearing. It is important to notice that each weaver or group of weavers adds personality to the new rug, no two rugs are ever the same and all of our handmade rugs are one-of-a-kind.
Experience the magic of a real hand-knotted rug